Monday, December 12, 2011

Testing DIY Wood stove for tent - テント用薪ストーブのテスト

Finally got time to run proper test on stove. At a same time, I needed to check the set up option and chimney length needed, so put up my winter shelter as well.
やっと燃焼実験です。煙突の長さの割り出しなども必要なので、冬用シェルターも持ち出してみました。

As for result, I need add air intake hole on the door, chimney need to be double long and need to make some tripod to suspend the chimney. Also would be nice to have some kind of rack on the stove for to keep the heated pot and drying socks.
As for the function, all worked really well as it kept the open shelter in +10 degrees-centigrade while outside was freezing. 
結果は・・・ドアに吸気口を付ける必要がある。煙突後2倍の長さが必要、そしてそれを支える足。もうひとつは、ストーブに保温と物干し用のラックが欲しい!こと。
全体的な機能としては、外気温0度でオープンのシェルター内を+10度に保てたので成功。煙漏れも無かったし。立ち消えることも無かった。


On the end, I have tested this stove for about 2H. Since it was really cozy and comfy, I fell in sleep for about 30min. If the dogs didn’t wake me up, I probably slept bit longer.
最終的に2時間ほど燃焼テストしたわけだが、最後の方、あまりにも居心地が良かったので30分ほどうたたねしてしまった。愛犬が起こしに来無ければもうちょっと長く寝ていたかもしれない。

6 comments:

  1. Looking (and working) good. :)

    Are you planning on closing the shelter completely at some point and having the stove inside? I imagine the stove would be too hot in that case, so having one open side to the shelter and the stove right there is probably a good solution.

    I think I'll try something like this with my poncho tent and wood stove (from Perkunas) when I get it.

    bmatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am planning on closing all side and have ordered 1 sheet of the same poncho for that. It might get too hot, but then I just open one side and use the opened wall as a reflector.
    By the way, Varusteleka got just one sheet of the German poncho, so I managed to order it before it is gone:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good!

    Also glad to hear you got a second German poncho for your summer shelter. :)

    bmatt

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more question: What are the dimensions of your shelter in this configuration?

    Thanks.

    bmatt

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poncho is 170x170cm so floor is about 170 x 240cm and height to ridge is 120cm.
    With the German poncho, should be able to get little larger floor size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, that sounds good. The floor size of my poncho tent is roughly 170(?) x 220, so it's almost the same as yours. Hopefully, my stove will work inside it and not burn down the whole tent! ;)

    bmatt

    ReplyDelete